Archive for January 2012
There is a new sponsor in town cleaning up the highways of New York Long Island. ShopRite of Patchogue has joined the Sponsor a Highway program to contribute to a cleaner environment. This family-owned business is focused on giving back to their community as they bring freshness and convenience to their neighbors.
A native of New Jersey, Harry Janson’s 40 year career (1970-2010) in the Supermarket Industry led him from New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Virginia, Alabama, and Arkansas before bringing him close to his home state in 1998. That’s when Harry, President of Janson Supermarkets, L.L.C, became a Wakefern/ShopRite member when he built a new ShopRite location in Hauppauge, New York. He and his family including his wife, Elizabeth, sons Harry II and William and daughter-in-law Amy manage this 61,000 square foot location. Just this past October, The Janson Family opened their second location in Patchogue, New York.
From day one, Harry was focused on giving his customer’s the best. Every day, his Bakery Department prepares Bagels and Donuts from scratch. The Prepared Foods Department features Rotisserie Chicken and Fried Chicken, which is breaded and fried on site. Harry also has a full-time Sushi staff that prepares fresh Sushi daily, using only Grade A Ingredients.With many of his customers being working couples with young children, Harry offers ShopRite from Home.
Making sure customer’s have the ethnic foods they need is important to the Janson’s. The store’s ethnic aisle includes Polish, German, Indian, and Spanish products as well as a selection of Hala and Kosher foods including both a Kosher Red Meat Case and Chicken Case.
Harry Janson and his family feel very strongly about helping within their community.ShopRite of Patchogue 95 Sunrise Highway Patchogue, NY 11772
A big welcome to our new sponsor in Kansas, Firehouse Subs. Besides serving up tasty hearty sub sandwiches, Firehouse Subs is serving up clean highways. Owner Mike McNicoll is dedicated to giving back to his local community that supports Firehouse Subs. This dedication is a corner stone of the company’s philosophy. By sponsoring the Adopt a Highway Program in Kansas, the company is expanding beyond their Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation in community service.
Be sure to stop by your local Firehouse Subs:7521 W. 119th St. Overland Park, KS 66213
The story of Firehouse Subs is both touching and inspiring.
“Growing up in a family that is both entrepreneurial and built on more than 200 years of firefighting heritage, it seems we were destined to start Firehouse Subs®. Of course we tried other things along the way to our American dream – rock ’n’ roll, real estate, even Christmas tree farming. But everything we experienced on our path led us to Firehouse Subs.
Nearly 17 years later, with more than 450 Firehouse Subs restaurants in 29 states, we’re convinced we’re doing a few things right. People come back when they’re treated well, and fed even better. Turns out, people absolutely LOVE the same things we do – the best meats, cheeses, and toppings we can find. People come back again and again because, unlike other sub places, we steam our meats and cheeses, releasing a rush of flavors, then stuff a serving that’s way over code on one of our toasted private recipe sub rolls. It’s a winning combination that satisfies ravenous appetites and the value conscious alike.
As they say in the fire station, let’s eat.”
Chris Sorensen & Robin Sorensen
As the year 2012 begins, many marketing executives and business owners are racking their brains trying to figure out the best way to spend their advertising budget. With the on-going economic recession, what are the cost-effective ways to attract attention to your business and products? How do you stand out in the sea of competitors?
Here are five reasons why a business should adopt a highway as part of their marketing strategies for 2012.
- Advertise to Millions of Motorists
- Adopt a Highway Programs allow you to put your business name & logo in front of millions of motorists that drive the busy highways in the largest cities of America. The exposure your business will receive is unrivaled.
- With monthly cost ranging from $150 to $550 per month, the average cost per thousand views is $0.20. Whereas with the more traditional advertising methods, you are likely to pay around $36 per thousand views for a TV ad, or $25 per thousand views on a magazine ad. In comparison, Adopt a Highway programs will save you thousands of dollars of your marketing budget.
- Unlike traditional TV, radio, magazine or even online ads, your Adopt a Highway signage works for you 24/7. There is no scheduling of the ad appearance. Your potential customers will see your sign day and night, all year long.
- Name recognition often makes the difference in deciding between competitors. In situations where a consumer has to choose between competitive brands, one would most likely pick the brand that rings recognition. If a consumer has seen your name somewhere, the consumer is more likely to choose your brand over your competitors.
- In our society, there is an increasing sense of environmental awareness and social responsibility. By adopting a highway, you are displaying corporate citizenship to your current and potential customers. Your business is contributing to a cleaner environment while bringing your brand to your customers. Your green advertising will give back to the community that supports your business.
So if you are looking for a way to attract more customers in the new year, be sure to look into the Adopt a Highway Program in your city. You may call Adopt a Highway Litter Removal Service of America, Inc. at (800) 499-2367 for pricing in your area.