Bus Safety tips for the Back to School crowd!
At Adopt-A-Highway, we are all about safety. Last week we blogged about walking and biking to school safely, now here are some simple tips for students taking the bus:
- Get children to bus stop early
- Don’t play or dart out into the street near bus stop
- When bus approaches or walking by bus, always stay 6 feet away from curb
- Wait for bus to stop completely before trying to get on or off
- Always use a cross walk and cross in front of the bus – but be at least 10 feet in front before you cross
- Before crossing be sure you can see the driver and the driver can see YOU!
Be safe & learn something new every single day!
And Adopt-A-Highway Litter Removal’s favorite tip of all time – do NOT litter!