Looking for affordable marketing in the New Year?
If so, ring in 2016 by adding Adopt-A-Highway to your marketing plan. Average daily traffic counts on busy interstates have soared, making them one of the best places to advertise. Our Adopt-A-Highway program is a fraction of the cost of billboards and other marketing mediums. In fact, we reach more of your target market, since many areas prohibit signs and billboards along the highways. However, Adopt-A-Highway Sponsor signs are right there, on the highways and interstates, promoting your business and community pride all day, every day.
Additional benefits to the Adopt-A-Highway program include:
- Sponsorship is an affordable marketing option for any size business
- Sponsorship reaches consumers where they work, live, play and shop
- Adopt-A-Highway signs are highly visible to drivers and cannot be “turned-off” in traffic
- Your budget dictates how many segments you sponsor – the program is expandable and nationwide, one sign or 30 signs, it is up to you!
- Cause marketing grabs the attention of consumers – as many as 91% of consumers make choices based on “cause” marketing
- Clean highways equal safer highways!
Make the most of 2016, Adopt-A-Highway today!
During this season of giving, Adopt-A-Highway is happy to support Earth Day Network’s Canopy Project. We will be donating 50 tree for each new sign sponsorship!
Happy Thanksgiving from the Adopt-A-Highway Litter Removal Service of America, Inc. We wish you and yours all the BEST over this holiday season!
And many of these affected cars have yet to be repaired. In fact, the NHTSA estimates that a quarter of recalled vehicles are never fixed. There are about 60 million recalled vehicles on the road that have not been repaired, according to CarFax. Even though the repairs are free, many vehicle owners never get their cars fixed.
Some owners may not even know that their cars have been recalled. If a car was purchased from a dealer, a recall notice is sent via mail. However, many owners are no longer at the address, have since sold the car or just don’t pay attention.
Don’t let a vehicle recall on one of your cars slip through the cracks. These are significant safety issues, which need to be addressed. It is a good idea to check recalls yourself every year. NHTSA’s website recalls.gov or safecar.gov enables you to easily do that with the following tools:
- Check open recalls on your vehicle using the 17-digit VIN. Your VIN can be found on the registration card and on the vehicle dash. This tool tracks recalls for the past 15 years, so is especially helpful for used car owners.
- Search for vehicle recalls using the make, model and year of your car.
- Sign up for email alerts on the latest vehicle recalls.
The NHTSA is working on other proactive tools for recalls – apps and automatic alerts in the vehicle. Until then, and even after, put your safety in your own hands and occasionally check for recalls.
November 15 is America Recycles Day!
Recycling is the easiest and most effective thing that ANYONE can do to protect our natural resources, conserve energy and reduce carbon emissions. It is a great day for showing that your business cares about the environment. Get into the Recycling act:
The national recycling rate has increased every year for the past 30 years.
The current recycling rate is 34.5%.
Adopt-A-Highway Litter Removal Service of America, Inc. works hard to Keep America Beautiful every day! We collect and recycle litter from America’s busiest roadways, with the help of our corporate sponsors, DOT partners and you! When you Adopt-A-Highway you let your customers know that you’re taking steps to help improve the environment for everyone!
If you don’t already recycle, now is a great time to start!
For the months of November and December, we will offer a special “Recycling Day” discount to help get YOU into the act.
Next Wednesday, November 11th is Veterans Day.
Veterans Day is a federal holiday that honors the bravery and service of all U.S. veterans. Veteran refers to anybody who served in the U.S. military (US Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard) in times of war or peace.
Be the smartest one in your office with these interesting facts about Veterans Day:
- There is not supposed to be an apostrophe in Veterans Day. Still, some spell it Veteran’s Day or Veterans’ Day.
- The holiday began as Armistice Day on Nov. 11, 1919, the first anniversary of the end of World War I.
- World War I ended November 11th, at the 11th hour. It is also the 11th month of the year.
- On November 11, 1921 the first Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was created as a memorial at Arlington National Cemetery. The tomb has the words inscribed, “Here rests in honored glory An American Soldier Known but to God.” Unknown soldiers from subsequent wars have been laid to rest at this memorial.
- Armistice Day was officially renamed Veterans Day by President Eisenhower in 1954.
- Between 1968 and 1975, Veterans Day was observed on the Friday closest to the 11th, making it a three day holiday for federal workers.
- President Ford signed a law which returned the annual observance of Veterans Day to its original, historically significant date of November 11, in 1978.
- Veterans Day, honors all veterans, living or dead, which differs from Memorial Day that pays tribute to those who lost their lives in combat.
- There are 19.6 million veterans in the United States, according to the most recent statistics available, from a 2013 Census survey.
- There are 1.6 million female veterans.
- There are 9.3 million veterans over the age of 65.
The Adopt-A-Highway Team would like to sincerely THANK all soldiers for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good. We SALUTE you!
We are always THANKFUL when a Sponsor gives us praise. We couldn’t help but be overjoyed when we got the following letter from Just Wooden Fences, Inc., based in Missouri. It simply states exactly what we know to be true – Adopt-A-Highway is an incredible marketing tool!
This past August, our company decided to adopt a section of Highway 44 in St. Louis for two reasons:
1. Help the appearance of our primary demographic area, and
2. Gain greater exposure for our business.
Although we are more than happy to contribute to the ongoing cleanup effort of our community, we are overwhelmed by the response we have already received. In three short months our company name has been on the Adopt-A-Highway sign, we have gained 17 confirmed jobs from it. Extrapolating that, we conservatively anticipate an unbelievable 1,800+% ROI! That’s more than triple our billboard and radio campaign rates!”
Walter Thorngren, PE – President/Owner
As a result of the success of their original sign, Just Wooden Fences has decided to sponsor an addition segment. If you are looking for a new fence, Support our Sponsor and please visit Just Wooden Fences, Inc. website to get a quote. There is nothing better than a happy, growing customer!
We are pleased to announce the introduction of a Sponsor-A-Road Program in the City of Baltimore.
Adopt-A-Highway Litter Removal Service of America, Inc. has worked with Baltimore City Department of Transportation to establish this innovative, self-sustaining program. The aim of Sponsor-A-Road is to keep the streets of Baltimore litter-free and promote this community’s pride while also freeing up funds for the DOT to spend on other important safety initiatives.
Sponsor-A-Road is available on all major roadways and gateways in the City of Baltimore. All 1-mile segments will be cleaned on a monthly basis by our safety, trained crews. As of October 1, 2015 more than 60 miles had already been sponsored in the Sponsor-A-Road program. Sponsors receive recognition on their “Road” with a sign displaying their name and logo. The program is open to businesses, organizations and individuals. Join Rouge Fine Catering, Miss Shirley’s Cafe, Nevins & Associates, Mom’s Organic Market, Broadmead, Inc. and Autobahn Indoor Speedway, to name a few in this joint venture to keep Baltimore roads clean and safe.
For more information about City of Baltimore Sponsor-A-Road you are invited to call 800-390-2420, email Paige Woods, Territory Manager at email@example.com or visit our City of Baltimore page on our website – www.adoptahighway.net
Sponsor-A-Highway marketing that works!
Now, THIS is smart advertising! The Rouge Fine Catering name is seen by hundreds of thousands of cars per days AND we are contributing to our community by participating to the cleaning of our local highways! Definitely a win-win situation. Green customers think we are COOL! Additionally, having developed the familiarity of our brand with the commuter has facilitated the recognition of our name when potential customers do a web search for a caterer. The highway signs have broadened our clientele and have helped us to become one of the largest caterers in Maryland.”
– Jonathan Soudry, Chef/Owner ROUGE Fine Catering, www.rougecatering.com
ROUGE FINE CATERING’s commitment to Sponsor-A-Highway has been overwhelming. They joined the program over 2 years ago and currently have 50+ signs. Offering quality food and excellent service, Rouge is proud to not only Sponsor-A-Highway, but to also support local farmers and co-ops. Rouge has built a solid reputation based on its delicious food but also for its sustainability and “green” efforts. We are thankful one of those “green“ efforts is working with us!