Looking for affordable marketing in the New Year?
If so, ring in 2016 by adding Adopt-A-Highway to your marketing plan. Average daily traffic counts on busy interstates have soared, making them one of the best places to advertise. Our Adopt-A-Highway program is a fraction of the cost of billboards and other marketing mediums. In fact, we reach more of your target market, since many areas prohibit signs and billboards along the highways. However, Adopt-A-Highway Sponsor signs are right there, on the highways and interstates, promoting your business and community pride all day, every day.
Additional benefits to the Adopt-A-Highway program include:
- Sponsorship is an affordable marketing option for any size business
- Sponsorship reaches consumers where they work, live, play and shop
- Adopt-A-Highway signs are highly visible to drivers and cannot be “turned-off” in traffic
- Your budget dictates how many segments you sponsor – the program is expandable and nationwide, one sign or 30 signs, it is up to you!
- Cause marketing grabs the attention of consumers – as many as 91% of consumers make choices based on “cause” marketing
- Clean highways equal safer highways!
Make the most of 2016, Adopt-A-Highway today!
Get Your Car Serviced NOW
We all want to put it off as long as possible, but have needed service completed prior to the 1st snow. Make sure to ask the mechanic to check fluids (coolant, oil, windshield wiper fluid) and battery, and use proper products for the weather in your area.
Check the Tires
Winter driving can be treacherous on wet, ice and snow covered roads. To be safe, make sure your tires have peak traction by checking tread (2/32 of an inch on ALL tires). Also, check tire pressure, which can decrease significantly in cold weather. Properly inflated tires provide optimal performance. Don’t forget to check your spare tire as well, nothing worse than a flat spare!
Be sure to check that your headlights, brake lights, turn signals, emergency flashers are all working properly. See and be seen – Turn on lights for greater visibility!
Wash & Wax
Winter is harsh on our car’s exteriors, a thorough washing and waxing will protect your car’s paint from corrosion caused by moisture and salt on the roads.
Check to make sure both front and back blades are working well. Switch to winter wiper blades to increase visibility if you get lots of ice and snow. Completely fill the wiper fluid reservoir before the 1st snow. Use winter wiper fluid with de-icer for best results.
During the winter months moisture can build up in your gas tank, causing corrosion. Keep your gas tank at least half full to absorb the moisture. This is also a good practice since winter driving may have unexpected delays and getting to a gas station may not be easy.
Always plug in when not in use to minimize drain on the battery. Also, be aware that cold weather requires the battery to work harder, so driving distance may decrease significantly.
Most important of all SLOW DOWN! The key to getting anywhere is to get there safely!
As always, Adopt-A-Highway requests you don’t litter – we don’t need any more hazard on the roadways this winter. Be Safe!
Happy Thanksgiving from the Adopt-A-Highway Litter Removal Service of America, Inc. We wish you and yours all the BEST over this holiday season!
November 15 is America Recycles Day!
Recycling is the easiest and most effective thing that ANYONE can do to protect our natural resources, conserve energy and reduce carbon emissions. It is a great day for showing that your business cares about the environment. Get into the Recycling act:
The national recycling rate has increased every year for the past 30 years.
The current recycling rate is 34.5%.
Adopt-A-Highway Litter Removal Service of America, Inc. works hard to Keep America Beautiful every day! We collect and recycle litter from America’s busiest roadways, with the help of our corporate sponsors, DOT partners and you! When you Adopt-A-Highway you let your customers know that you’re taking steps to help improve the environment for everyone!
If you don’t already recycle, now is a great time to start!
For the months of November and December, we will offer a special “Recycling Day” discount to help get YOU into the act.
Next Wednesday, November 11th is Veterans Day.
Veterans Day is a federal holiday that honors the bravery and service of all U.S. veterans. Veteran refers to anybody who served in the U.S. military (US Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard) in times of war or peace.
Be the smartest one in your office with these interesting facts about Veterans Day:
- There is not supposed to be an apostrophe in Veterans Day. Still, some spell it Veteran’s Day or Veterans’ Day.
- The holiday began as Armistice Day on Nov. 11, 1919, the first anniversary of the end of World War I.
- World War I ended November 11th, at the 11th hour. It is also the 11th month of the year.
- On November 11, 1921 the first Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was created as a memorial at Arlington National Cemetery. The tomb has the words inscribed, “Here rests in honored glory An American Soldier Known but to God.” Unknown soldiers from subsequent wars have been laid to rest at this memorial.
- Armistice Day was officially renamed Veterans Day by President Eisenhower in 1954.
- Between 1968 and 1975, Veterans Day was observed on the Friday closest to the 11th, making it a three day holiday for federal workers.
- President Ford signed a law which returned the annual observance of Veterans Day to its original, historically significant date of November 11, in 1978.
- Veterans Day, honors all veterans, living or dead, which differs from Memorial Day that pays tribute to those who lost their lives in combat.
- There are 19.6 million veterans in the United States, according to the most recent statistics available, from a 2013 Census survey.
- There are 1.6 million female veterans.
- There are 9.3 million veterans over the age of 65.
The Adopt-A-Highway Team would like to sincerely THANK all soldiers for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good. We SALUTE you!
We are pleased to announce the introduction of a Sponsor-A-Road Program in the City of Baltimore.
Adopt-A-Highway Litter Removal Service of America, Inc. has worked with Baltimore City Department of Transportation to establish this innovative, self-sustaining program. The aim of Sponsor-A-Road is to keep the streets of Baltimore litter-free and promote this community’s pride while also freeing up funds for the DOT to spend on other important safety initiatives.
Sponsor-A-Road is available on all major roadways and gateways in the City of Baltimore. All 1-mile segments will be cleaned on a monthly basis by our safety, trained crews. As of October 1, 2015 more than 60 miles had already been sponsored in the Sponsor-A-Road program. Sponsors receive recognition on their “Road” with a sign displaying their name and logo. The program is open to businesses, organizations and individuals. Join Rouge Fine Catering, Miss Shirley’s Cafe, Nevins & Associates, Mom’s Organic Market, Broadmead, Inc. and Autobahn Indoor Speedway, to name a few in this joint venture to keep Baltimore roads clean and safe.
For more information about City of Baltimore Sponsor-A-Road you are invited to call 800-390-2420, email Paige Woods, Territory Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our City of Baltimore page on our website – www.adoptahighway.net