If so, 2015 is the time to Jump Start your marketing plan. Average daily traffic counts on busy interstates have soared, making them one of the best places to advertise. The problem is many areas prohibit signs and billboards along the roadway. However, Adopt-A-Highway Sponsor signs are right there, on the road, promoting your business and community pride. Some other benefits to the Adopt-A-Highway program include:
Sponsorship is an affordable marketing option for any size business
Sponsorship reaches consumers where they work, live, play and shop
Adopt-A-Highway signs are highly visible to drivers and cannot be “turned-off” in traffic
Your budget dictates how many segments you sponsor – the program is scalable and nationwide
Cause marketing grabs the attention of consumers – as many as 91% of consumers make choices based on “cause” marketing
Road safety is our thing! With winter weather upon us, it is important to be prepared in case of an emergency. That is right – it is time to stop procrastinating and finally put together that Auto Emergency Kit. Here are some suggested items to include:
- Coat, gloves and boots
- Waterproof tarp
- Extra clothing (socks, sweatshirt, shoes)
- Small shovel
- Booster/Jumper cables
- Non-perishable food items (granola bars, trail mix, almonds)
- Water bottles
- First aid kit
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Waterproof matches and candles
- Duct tape
- Fire extinguisher
- Snow Chains
- Ice scraper
Other key tips for safe winter driving:
- Check your tire treads and change to winter tires in snow prone regions
- Slow down – the posted speed limit is a suggested speed for good road conditions, when weather is a factor always slow down
- Allow for more space between cars – on slick roads, stopping speeds are far longer
- Check the road report before you go – call 511 for real-time road conditions/traffic situations
Be safe out there!
It can be difficult with everyday stresses to be happy and grateful 24/7. However, according to studies, being grateful for the simple things, such as a beautiful sunrise/sunset or a warm meal, greatly improves your happiness and health. The trick is to take the time to notice and acknowledge the simple things in life that make us happy. Some easy, inexpensive ideas on how to pump up your gratitude this month:
- Give to your favorite charity
- Donate a turkey
- Deliver hot meals to the hungry
- Write down what you are thankful for throughout the month and read them aloud at Thanksgiving dinner
- Handwrite a note to somebody that can’t be with you for the holidays
- Watch the sunset with somebody you love
- Say THANK YOU to somebody every single day
THANK YOU!!!! We at AAHLRSA appreciate you and are grateful that you have taken an interest in our effort to make the world a cleaner, safer & better place.
Ron Baker Chevrolet is family-owned and operated car dealership that has been supporting San Diego with new, used and car repair services for over 25 years. Ron Baker has two locations – National City and Chula Vista – both just south of San Diego. Ron Baker has always been involved and supported the local community, so it is no surprise that they have added Adopt-A-Highway to their community service with two prime locations.
With a great selection of new Chevrolet vehicles, as well as many certified used cars for you to choose support our new sponsor Ron Baker Chevrolet next time you need a Chevy! Learn more about Ron Baker Chevrolet at www.ronbaker.com
Ron Baker Chevrolet is excited to participate in Adopt A Highway by adopting two sites to demonstrate our community pride which we have been a part of for more than 25 years. The Ron Baker Chevrolet Family is proud to join AAH to maintain our San Diego home where we all share a mutual interest in its environment and well-being for generations to come.” – Bill Cumming, President
- Signs are located where other signs are not available, on the side of highly traveled roadways
- The lowest CPMs in advertising, both as a stand-alone medium and as part of a broader media mix
- Provides signage that cannot be delayed, skipped, or turned off
- Contributes to a cleaner environment
- Provides goodwill and involvement in the community
- Helps provide safer roads, potentially reducing accidents
- Money saved on litter removal can be put to use maintaining integrity of the roadways
- Reaches the target market – the busy, on-the-go consumer
- Strengthens brand awareness and credibility
- Cost effective marketing for both large and small companies
The average American generates 3.5 pounds of trash every day – that’s a lot of trash. The most effective way to reduce waste is to not create it in the first place. Making a new product requires a lot of materials and energy: raw materials must be extracted from the earth, and the product must be produced and transported to where it will be sold. As a result, reduction and reuse are the most effective ways you can save natural resources, protect the environment, and save money.
Ideas on How to Reduce & Reuse:
- Buy used. You can find everything from clothes to building materials at specialized reuse centers and consignment shops.
- Look for products that use less packaging.
- Buy reusable over disposable items. Look for items that can be reused; the little things can add up. For example, you can bring your own silverware and cup to work, rather than using disposable items.
- Borrow, rent, or share items that are used infrequently, like party decorations, tools, or furniture.
- Donate. One person’s trash is another person’s treasure. Instead of discarding unwanted appliances, tools, or clothes, try selling or donating them.
If we all take minor steps every day to decrease the amount of waste we produce, we can help the environment for years to come.
With the number of hours spent in the car, out-of home advertising reaches 96% of Americans each and every week. In addition, an estimated 70% of purchasing decisions are made outside of the home and in the car. The majority of working consumers make purchases after work, on the way home. That is why shoppers are so influenced by signage they see on the road on way to the grocery store, drug store or restaurant. Reaching shoppers with roadside signage that works 24/7/365 makes sense.
Not all advertising campaigns are alike and they shouldn’t be. Each company has a unique set of goals, however, the primary objective is always to Reach Your Target Market – Sponsor-A-Highway today.
Each and every one of us has been somehow, either directly or indirectly, impacted by breast cancer.
- In the U.S., 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Since, 1990, early detection and treatment have resulted in a significant decline in breast cancer mortality in America.
- Today, there are more than 3 million breast cancer survivors in the U.S.
It is with these statistics in mind and to honor those near and dear to us that have courageously fought this battle that we at Adopt-A-Highway Litter Removal Service of America, Inc. have decided to make a monetary donation to the Susan G. Komen Foundation for every sponsorship sign sold starting in October.
Susan G. Komen’s mission is to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering others, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.”
Susan G. Komen’s mission is achieved through the funding of research, education, screening and treatment programs throughout the world.
Collective efforts can make a huge impact; whether it be cleaner highways or fighting breast cancer, you can make a difference. Consider sponsoring a highway today to help fund a cure for breast cancer.