Family, friends and food are all things to be grateful for this Thanksgiving weekend. Being together makes holidays extra special. But getting there is not always an easy task. According to AAA, an estimated 45.5 million people will spend some of the Thanksgiving weekend driving. Even with higher gas prices, travelers are expected to take to the road. The 2017 holiday weekend will see the highest travel volume since 2005.
If you’ll be hitting the road tomorrow, stay safe & be patient. Follow these tips for making it to Thanksgiving dinner on time and in one piece.
- Check road conditions before you leave
- Make sure you have an emergency kit
- Put devices away, but make sure they are fully charged for an emergency
- Assign navigating duties to a passenger
- Make a plan for kids, so they do not become a distraction while driving
- Buckle up – everybody, every trip, every time
- Designate a sober driver
- Get plenty of rest, drowsy driving can be just as dangerous as driving drunk
- Be patient and courteous to other drivers
We wish you a very happy & safe Thanksgiving!
Your friends at Adopt-A-Highway Litter Removal Services of America, Inc.