As 2014 approaches and marketing budgets are being finalized here are some interesting things to keep in mind:
- Treat your marketing budget as an investment, this will build the idea that marketing drives revenue and doesn’t simply incur costs.
- The average small business spends between 2-20% of annual gross revenues on marketing efforts.
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) recommends that an established company that earns less than $5 million per year allocates 7-8% of revenues for marketing purposes and that this percent should increase if it’s a new start-up business; particularly for industries such as retail and restaurants.
- Consider the return investment when planning your budget’s spending allocation. Consider how many visual impressions you will make on the potential customer.
- Remember not to get stuck in your comfort zone, be open to new and different opportunities in the marketing world.
We don’t want to brag, but Adopt-A-Highway Litter Removal Service of America, Inc. is the answer to all these points – Sponsor-A-Highway is a cost effective approach to promoting your business, with signs on major U.S. highways and Interstates that create brand recognition 24/7 all year long. Contact your Territory Manager or visit our Pricing page to inquire about sign availability in your market.