So summer is finally here and if you are like most of us, you will be spending some time in your car with kids this summer. Here are some tips from real MOMs on what to have handy in your car to make the adventure more enjoyable.
- Doggy bags: “Yes, doggy bags. Throw a roll of these bags into your beach bag for wet bathing suits, dirty diapers, sunblock explosions, taking home seashells, and every other mess or blowout you can and can’t plan for. The bags are small but super handy.”
- Pre-packaged snacks: It’s summer, so while we are always proponents of healthy eating, a bag of goldfish every now and then won’t hurt them. Particularly in summer when kids are getting a healthy dose of exercise.
- Blankets/Towels/Pillows: Some comfort from home can make a long ride or long day so much better.
- Trash bag/container: Keeping a trash bag or container in the car cuts down on cleaning after a trip and helps reduce LITTER everywhere!
- Mesh laundry bag: Great for carrying items such as sand toys to and from the beach, and you won’t take half the sand home with you because it is mesh.
Count the Adopt-A-Highway signs along the road. Remember to support those that are supporting clean and safe roads along your way! Go and enjoy the adventure!