We welcome Spring with open arms!
Spring brings relief from the winter weather, but also brings potholes, puddles, slippery roads. As the seasons change, so do road conditions. Stay safe on the road this spring with the following driving tips:
- Spring showers bring blooming flowers and wet roads. Slow down and increase your following distance when it rains. Keep in mind that even mist or light rain can mix with oil on the roads to create slick challenging road conditions.
- Check your windshield wipers, both front and back. Don’t drive faster than your wipers can clear water from the windshield.
- Puddles can impair brakes, obscure vision, or cause you to hydroplane. If you find your vehicle hydroplaning, gently ease your foot off the accelerator-do not brake.
- Warm weather brings motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians outside. Pedestrians may be texting, talking on phones, and listening to music, they can be as distracted as drivers. Be cautious at all times.
- If possible, go around potholes. Potholes-an effect of winter weather-can hurt your tires or throw your car’s front end out of alignment. If you cannot avoid a pothole, slow down, as the damage can be costly.
- Keep your tires properly inflated. Doing so can reduce damage from potholes, uneven pavement, and other road hazards.
- Spring weather can be temperamental, so be prepared for changes.
Now, go and ENJOY the great outdoors!