July 20, 2021
Have Fun, Do GOOD
Summers are the best time for giving back. Invite your family and friends and show them how good it feels and how much fun it can be to make your community more sustainable.
Here are some idea starters:
- Do a 5-minute beach cleanup – wear gloves, sunscreen, and a hat. Maybe even make it a competition among the kids.
- Plant a tree at a local park or in your backyard. Name it and put a marker on it so each year you can track its growth.
- Plan an electronics recycling date with a local retailer or organization. Get the word out via social media rather than flyers.
- Plan a neighborhood garage sale. One person’s junk is another one’s treasure.
- Upcycle some of your trash/recyclables. Click here are some ideas from DIY Network.
- And of course, our favorite – contact us about sponsoring a highway in your area. We do the litter removal; you get a recognition logo sign.